Overseas Doctors and Institutions
Myanmar Ophthalomologists working overseas.
Singapore National Eye Center (SNEC) commenced operations in 1990.
It is the designated national centre within the public sector health care network, and spearheads and coordinates the provision of specializedophthalmological services with emphasis on qualityeducation and research.
Address: Singapore National Eye Center (SNEC)11 Third Hospital Avenue, Singapore 168751 Tel ( 65) 6227 7255 Fax( 65) 6227 7290 Website. www.snec.com.sg Co Reg No ( UEN) 198900840W Branches and Affiliated Centres
- Changi General Hospital ( Clinic S&T)
- KK Women's and Children's Hospital ( Clinic E)
- National University Hospital ( Eye Clinic)
- Parkway Health Day Surgery and Medical Centre(Balestier)
- SNEC Eye Associates
December 2016Training programme at SNEC
Dr. Thet Naing. Ophthalmologist
National University Hospital
1. Prin RojanaPongpun, MD FRCOTAssociate Professor of OphthalmologyDiploma & Certified Board of OphthalmologyFellowship in Glaucoma (UBC, Canada) Specialist in Cataract & Glaucoma, Specialist in Anterior Segment Surgery Email firstname.lastname@example.org Chairman Department of Ophthalmology Chulalongkorn University & HospitalBumrungrad International Medical Center Consultant Ophthalmologist ( private ) Sukhumvit Hospital Eye Care Center
_____________________________________________________________________________2. Visanee Tantisevi MD Assistant Professor
Deputy Chairman of International Affairs, Chief Glaucoma Unit , Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn university , Patumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand Tel +662-256-4142 ext0,204 Fax +662-252-8290 Email Tvisanee@gmail.com Visaneet@yahoo.com
United State of America
- Tony Chen
October 10, 2016: Just the two of us, Celebrating the Blessings of 45 years of Marriage at Capital Grill, International Drive, Orlando, Florida. Graduated 1968. Emigrated to USA 1969. Internship and Residency in Ophthalmology in Baltimore, Maryland finishing in 1974. Privileged to have opportunity to attend the Harvard Medical School, Basic Science and Clinical Ophthalmology Course in Boston and experience the grand rounds at Johns Hopkins, Wilmer Eye Institute in Baltimore as part of the Residency programs. Established solo, private practice in Avon Park, Florida in 1974 as first ophthalmologist to serve in this part of Florida. Active in leadership roles in Medical Staff and community to raise the quality of life to a higher level. Appreciated the excellent educational opportunities while growing up in Burma. The solid foundation in medicine especially the art and science in clinical practice helped when first integrating into the US health system. The proficiency in English has been a great asset in communicating in the fast paced life in USA. However, my English teacher in Burma would not be very happy with my American English spelling and pronunciation. I am very grateful to our teachers, classmates and friends who have influenced me to become the person I am now to serve others to the best of my abilities.